99 Tacoma Remote programming.

My father passed away and I am taking over payments on his Tacoma. I am looking into getting the remote for it, since it's lost. I don't mind paying the $40 from the dealer for the remote, but paying another $90 just to program it is a little much. Does any one have the instructions to program the remote? Thanks

Reply to
scoobydoo_fl

If your Taco has the Toyota Factory RS3000 alarm/keyless entry here is some information. If not, you will have to find the "brain" under the dash and see who the manufacturer and model # are.

bbtaco

I don't think it is the RS3000 alarm. In the papers Toyota gave us it has a manual for the alarm. The manual calls it a TDS system, and the remote looks like a dog leg. Unless it is the same system but with different remotes?

bbtaco wrote:

Reply to
scoobydoo_fl