coffee stain

i committed the ultimate sin, got a coffee stain on the nephew's passenger seat. 2008 daytona, cloth seats. it is basically colorless. good sized, of course. how can i make it dissapear? i don't want him to commit murder or seppuku. thanks....

Reply to
someone

Have you thought of a lawsuit against McDonnalds?

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Only when it is justified, as it was

Reply to
Fuller Wrath

Didn't your mother teach you that you should not carry hot coffee between your knees or your privates might get scalded?

This was a stupid lawsuit that should have been wrapped around a brick launched out of the court with a sling shot.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Bullshite. You obviously have bought into the Reich wing talking points and know nothing of the facts. But that's okay. When you are injured because of corporate neglect you can take solace in knowing that it was all your own fault.

Reply to
Fuller Wrath

I actually know all of the facts, the woman is stupid and deserves to have her vagina welded shut.

Unless you know something different, my mind is made up. She should never have bought coffee in that car. Since she did, mthe driver of the car is responsible for the safe operation, which includes accellerating at a rate that does not preclude the contents of the coffee cup from making a mass exidus. McDonalds should never in a million years been held responsible for the stupidity of the woman and her dumb-as-a-rock companion that was operating the car.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Fill us in.

Reply to
B A R R Y

You don't know shit. If someone spilled 180 degree coffee on your groin I doubt if you'd feel anything.

It amazes me how tough the girly boys can talk when they hide behind their computer.

Reply to
Fuller Wrath

Read and try to learn

Fuller Wrath

I seem to miss the part about McDonalds spilling the coffee. Would you kindly point it out?

Reply to
: p

I agree fully with you. Just stating something is "HOT" or "COLD" is totally ambiguous. I think all of America needs to define the specifics of what is hot or cold and label those items accordingly. That way, no one can be injured by touching something labeled at hot, or sticking their tongue to a post when it's too cold.

Also, while we're at it, lets all make it a point Not to accept personal responsibility when we do something foolish.

BTW...can anyone recommend a lawyer. I may need to sue Stanley Tools. I hit my thumb with a hammer the other day and it really hurts. Might even have to go to the hospital to have the pressure relieved from the blood blister. I think Stanley Tools should be providing some sort of hand protector since I'm sure they're aware a klutz like me, swinging a hammer, could cause a jury.

Reply to
: p

I thought I asked nicely. What's up with the 'tude?

Reply to
B A R R Y

Interesting reading, but how many people drink instant coffee or tea, that is served when the kettle whistles, a temperature even hotter than McDonalds?

Both of those sites describe lots of other lawsuits against McDonalds, but neither mentions any suits against other sellers. The first site seems a tad biased, as it seems designed to attract new business, because nothing is ever _your_ fault. It kind of reminds me of daytime TV law firm commercials.

The other restaurants who serve coffee at lower temperatures may use a lower temperature based on legal advice vs. coffee quality. My own home brewer has high, medium, and low temperature settings, with the high setting easily capable of scalding me. For certain blends, the high setting does produce better coffee once cool milk is added.

After reading both, and doing my best to learn (based on your advice, Thanks again!), I think McDonald's could have shown a lot more compassion. Unfortunately, in today's US legal environment, an apology or show of compassion is so often taken as an admission of guilt and entered as evidence. Personally, I'd love to see the tort laws reformed where a compassionate, immediately helpful response could greatly mitigate damages and not be allowed as an admission of fault.

However, I still think there should be an expectation of a very hot beverage, that can possibly hurt. This isn't a lot different than the damage my table saw, nail guns, or aircraft could do to me if I don't operate them with due care.

Thanks for the links!

Reply to
B A R R Y

I'm not hiding. You're the one using a screen name to hide your true identity.

When one buys a cup of coffee, the EXPECTATION should be that it will be hot. Water is required to boil -- 212 degrees F -- in order to be brewed into coffee. The driver of the sports car (Corvette) and the buyer of the coffee have the burden to safely transport hot liquids. McDonalds should not have carried ANY liability here -- McD got screwed, and the notion of personal responsibility has been eroded.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Be sure to point out that you were standing on the top rung of one of their ladders and fell off because you hit your thumb with their hammer. Don't mention that the ladder was set up on the sidewalk with two legs, and on dirt with the other two. You might also want to avoid the discussion that you were putting in a brad with a sledge hammer.

After all, if you are going to pour coffee on your lap, you would not want it known that the car you were riding in was burning rubber as it left the parking lot of the restaraunt where you bought the coffee.

Seriously, the complete lack of proper equipment (cup holders) in the vehicle to safely transport beverages of any kind, and the moronic application of throttle, brakes, and steering input during the completely unsafe transportation of any liquid is not a criticall factor in the injuries you might receive -- much like the injuries you received by using the wrong hammer and inappropriate platform while putting in a nail.

While you are going after the hammer manufacturer, you may as well chase down the nail maker because they do not tell you on the box that a brad should be put in with a 3 oz. hammer instead of a 3 lb. hammer.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

while being funny, it's also a sad commentary about this sick society.

Reply to
someone

no, my mother was in absentia. the court that actually allowed that to be filed and heard was the real villan.

Reply to
someone

many irrelevant posts snipped. jesustapdancingchrist! i want to get rid of a stain. anyone actually have ideas about that? can the 6th crusade maybe wait until fix that stain? i can only imagine how you guys would fix a blown head gasket on a supra. after 200 posts arguing fision vs fusion, i bet.

Reply to
someone

Yeah, sad huh?

As for the stain, I have no ideas. Upholstery cleaner and a stiff brush ...

I suppose that means I have one idea, two if you could the lawsuit.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

the cleaner sounds right. i don't think a stiff brush on cloth would be good. i think that my chew up the fabric. i was thinking a soft, plastic brush like a fingner brush. bad enough i stained it, if i damaged it, my nephew wouldn't sue, he'd shoot. or stab.

Reply to
someone