noisy engine

I have a 2003 Tacoma with the 2.4 litre engine. When the engine is warm and idling at 750 rpm, I hear a clicking sound(kinda like a diesels). The dealer says it the injectors. I notice the noise goes away when I press the gas pedal ( at approx 900 rpm). The dealer says they can`t raise the rpm idle.Anyone else have this noise?....It`s embarassing to think I bought a Toyota for the quality & reliability but am embarassed when the truck idles `cause the engine sounds so awful. This engine doesn`t purr anything like my Sienna`s.

Reply to
rob

On 10 Dec 2006 12:07:47 -0800, "rob" found these unused words floating about:

My '02 did that for much of the last year. It went away when I reached the point of needing to have the spark plug changed out by age/mileage.

While I didn't opt for the premium plugs, they did install a 'better' set than the older OEM. A bit better mileage and much better pull - smoother idle as well.

Could be coincidence, but ???

Reply to
Sir F. A. Rien

Embarrassed? That's an odd reaction to an engine problem.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

On Sun, 10 Dec 2006 23:56:33 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom" found these unused words floating about:

Not if you care about your Toy and people are looking wondering what the 'noise' is.

Reply to
Sir F. A. Rien

I thought shame was reserved for church.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

On Mon, 11 Dec 2006 17:48:25 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom" found these unused words floating about:

Embarassment -=isn't=- shame!

See:

Sir F. A. Rien

Odd, If its the injectors why not Replace them? If is a really loud Clacking Noise at Idle, you may have something more Serious then Injectors.

Buying a Toyota doesn't mean its more Reliable, Actually its a study given to show what cars go into the shop more freqently in the First year of Ownership. It seems that Toyota is generally the Lowest, but Its percentage is still around 8% . What about After the One year Mark?

Reply to
mjsmikey