Oil changing on my 2005 Highlander Limited V-6

I am about ready to change oil on my new 2005 Highlander V-6 for the first time and I am wondering if I need to remove the "belly pan" to get to the oil filter? I can feel the filter and see it OK but this plastic belly pan seems to be a tedious task to remove. I don't think I'm going to have any problem getting my oil filter wrench on the filter but I'm wondering how much oil will fall on the "belly pan" when I remove the filter and if it will then drip down on the garage floor or get blown back on the underside of the car. I've changed oil in cars for over 30 years but I hate to take this plastic "belly pan" off everytime I'm going to change oil. Please advise what you've done or what you think I should do (I have all the necessary tools needed).

Thanks,

UncleMark

Reply to
UncleMark

The 05 has a neat little funnel bolted under the oil filter, so you can take it off from the top and 90% of the oil will drain in whatever receptacle you have on the ground. Spray a little brake cleaner down there after you put the new one on and it should be nice and clean.

Reply to
qslim