Opinions on 2004 Prerunner

I am looking at a 04 Prerunner silver 3.4 auto TRD, with 10457mi, i realy like this truck. What i would like to find out is 19995.00 a good price and what are the bad points, if any i sould look at. Thanks

Reply to
randy1128

Do some reading to get some idea and compare to what others in your area are asking, and what the "books" say it's worth:

*

If they're asking $19995.00, then they'll go lower, imo. And if so, that's not a bad *starting* point to work down from. Does a dealer have it or an individual?

1) Should have remaining factory warranty - verify this.

2) Have a dealer run a VIN warranty scan on the truck, listing anything repaired/replaced under warranty.

3) Pay for a CarFax history. Worth a few bucks to avoid headaches.

4) Contact the previous owner if possible.

5) Have a trusted mechanic give it a quick looking over - may cost a few bucks but versus thousands on a problem vehicle it's worth it.

If all of this checks out good, try really hard to act like you don't love the vehicle and make a low offer, then climb the ladder up. If you plan to finance, shop the rate around between banks if you can....

No law against saving a buck. Others here can offer more specifics about that particular year model PreRunner TRD. Mine is an '00.....

Good luck.

Stew

Reply to
S.Lewis

A volvo dealer in my area has it, i was thinking of maybe trading my 03 Mustang V6 with 20800mi, and my 1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0 auto with

87000mi. That is if i can get enough for them.
Reply to
randy1128

I knew I wanted a Toyota truck the instant my neighbor told me I needed a truck while I was looking on the internet for a new vehicle. The used truck prices were rediculous all over compared to spending a few thousand more on something brand new. I could see having a few scratches and half worn tires to save 6-7k but not what was being offered at the time. I love my 04 Prerunner DoubleCab TRD Limited!! It's nice to be able to see where you are going on the road instead of watching the hatchback of an SUV....

Mac

Reply to
Mac

An 04 Toyota (any model) will probably go for a premium because of demand. I recall last July, the 04 Prerunners were available in SoCal for about $20k, about $3500 below list. I opted for an 04 Tacoma 4wd, $26 sticker for $23. The used 4wd were within 6k of the new so I went new. I'd get a value on all three from Edmunds or a site of your choice and give it a try. You'll certain need some cash to add.

Reply to
SBC Usenet