Possible to lower start fast idle speed on 3.4?

Does anyone know if it's possible to lower the fast idle speed on a 3.4 in a

2002 Tacoma? Every time I start the engine, regardless of engine temp, the engine idles at about 1700 rpm, then slowly comes back to normal idle speed. Thanks for any info.
Reply to
Over40pirate

It seems that it's designed to do that, without reguard to engine life, or fuel consumption. I would like to minimize engine wear, and fuel consumption. I can understand the need for a fast idle speed when the engine is cold, but when it's warmed up, is a waste of engine life and fuel.

Reply to
Over40pirate