Re: 95 Toyota Pickup 3.0L V6 Blowen Head Gasket

Well I am going to give it a try this weekend. I figure I will tear into it this weekend. Then try to put it back together next weekend. I think I will use the Toyota OEM head gasket kit, have the heads machined and replace the timing belt, water pump and thermostat while I am at it. I will let you know how it goes.

Thanks for the help.

Hello all, > > I know what your thinking. Yep! We knew it was coming. I found out after > the fact that this has been an issue with the v6 for a long time. This has > been a good truck and I hate to give up on it after only 9 years and 102K. > So I guess I need to ask a few questions. I do not believe the engine is > gone. It still runs, gets hot after about five minutes, leaks a little > water on the passenger side lower front of the block, and has a definate > lose of power. I have gotten recommendations from a local mechanic and some > do it yourselfers at work. Here are some of the suggestions: > > New long block - $1895 with 12month 12,000 mile warranty if I replace the > cooling system too. Pull and install would cost me about another $500. > > Mechanic replace head gaskets - $1100 labor, $352 for gaskets, probably > another $200 for other parts and a timing belt $100. > > Pour a can of K & W in it and see if it seals it if so - drive it. $10 > > DIY replace head gaskets and timing belt - $200 - $500 for parts. > > > So what do you guys think? > This also brings me to a couple of other questions. > > Should I buy my gaskets from toyota or aftermarket? If aftermarket, is ITM > OK and how do I tell if it is the updated gasket. Do I also need to replace > the head bolts and adjust the valves and replace timing chain while I am in > there? I have a friend that said he would help. He has torn 3 or > 4(hyundai, nissan and chevy) apart in the last couple of years and done > similar work. > > I have downloaded all the manuals from toyotas tech sight in case I decide > to do the work myself. > > Thanks in advance for any input. > > Jason Horton > > > > >
Reply to
Jason Horton