replacing '03 Tacoma bench seats with bucket seats

Hi,

I have a '03 Tacoma (regular cab, 2 wheel drive) that came with bench seats. Does anyone have experience replacing the seat with bucket seats? I called the dealer and they said they don't have a way to replace them with factory parts.

Is there any truck accessories service shop in the Los Angeles area that you would recommend? The angle of the seat back is bugging my back and buying back support accessories has not helped much.

Thanks, Carol

Reply to
cch5ng

Carol:

You REALLY need to learn to use the SEARCH function! This has been discussed exhaustively. Google returns 40,700 pages on a search of "Tacoma bench seat swap".

The simple answer is YES! All Tacoma seats are bolt-in swaps. MANY others (Honda, Celica, etc.) will fit with some mods.

The frugal approach is craigslist, or PicknPull-type yard. (PicknPull gets $25/seat, and the selection varies day-to-day...)

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Sorry Carol, I feel your pain. the Extra Cab trucks get holes in the floor pan to support the installation of bucket seats. The Regular Cab models do not get these holes because buckets are not an option on that model.

I've been looking at full size trucks lately, and I must have bucket seats for precisely the same reason you are trying to get them. My back can not tolerate the fixed seating position that one gets with a standard cab truck ...

Good luck.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland