Replacing Front Bearings?

I've a 95 Taco 4x4 with extended cab, V6 Auto and manual hubs and feel it's probably overdue for front wheel bearing replacement or at least repack at 106k miles.

Are there any special or odd size tools needed for this job? I've got the standard sizes of metric and inch size sockets, etc, but really nothing much over an inch.

Any odd things for someone that hasn't done significant maintenance on a truck for twenty years or so?

Thanks

--Rick

Reply to
Rick Frazier

Michael J. Gulley

You'll likely need a 54mm socket for the front wheel bearing nuts and possibly a snap ring tool, not sure if the Tacomas use the snap rings or retaining bolts inside. I have a writeup and more links on my page:

Roger Brown

Wait til you price the parts! Probably no need to replace them unless they are blue looking or gouged. Just take apare, clean and repack with a waterproof grease. If your rotor need to be turned or pads replace it would be a good time to do.

Reply to
Wolfgang