Slow oil leak

My late 80's 2WD truck with 2 BBl Carb and 22R engine with 150,000 miles just started to leak a little after sitting for about 6-8 hours. It seems to leak about 6 drops of oil and drips below oil drain plug area. I dont see any wet oil above the valve cover gasket and most of the wet oil seems to be on the carburetor side of the engine toward the lower part of the engine area and it seems to spray onto the alternator area. Any advise where this leak could be coming from? I dont see any leaks when the engine is on. I dont really even need to refill the oil because I lose so little oil during this leak.

Reply to
Mark

the front oil seal is usually gone by then and is commonly replaced. Parts don't cost much. Removing the bolt holding the front pulley on is the most challenging part of the process. There are "sleeves" to fix any wear on the pulley. YMMV.

Reply to
JeB

The carb and the alternator are on opposite sides of the engine, is it hitting a pulley or belt and being slung?

I fixed 2 small oil leaks on my 85 truck, the oil pressure sensor just below the oil filter and the distributer O-ring. If you cant find the leak then put the truck up on ramps and degrease the engine from top to bottom and wait for it to leak again. It should then be easy to spot where the oil's coming from.

Reply to
Tacoma Dude