Tacoma doublecab

Hi All,

Been looking at the '03 Tacoma doublecabs. Any 'gotchas to look out for? Good points?

Any info really appreciated.

Ryan

Reply to
Ryan Adams

On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 14:46:37 -0500, Ryan Adams found these unused words floating about:

Gotcha!

If you're planning to get into any water over the axle, do the mod to raise the rear breather to a higher level.

The front and transfer are done.

Why did Taco miss this?

When (if) you add a rear hitch, make sure that the original bumper is set as low as possible after installation. You need the access to lower the spare tire. It's only a matter of 1/2 inch.

Reply to
J. A. Mc.

My only advice would be to make sure you can live with the ride. If you will be hauling passengers often, ask someone to sit in the rear during your test drive.

Reply to
houblues

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 15:24:28 GMT, "houblues" found these unused words floating about:

It's comparable to a (shudder) Ford Aerostar in the rear seat.

Reply to
J. A. Mc.

Rear seat ride would not be an issue. I wanted to remove the rear seat entirely to provide a place for my tools. I've overflowed my bed-mounted toolbox and now my passenger side is completely full of boxed dewalt tools. If I take a corner to fast, the tools shift dangerously....

Reply to
Ryan Adams

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 06:43:58 -0500, Ryan Adams found these unused words floating about:

Have you considered getting one of the PackRat truck bed "tool drawers"? You can carry up to 700# on top of one - and - still have the possibility of a 'rail' mounted type tool box as well.

Largest unit is 39"x48"x12"

Reply to
J. A. Mc.

Very sharp. I'll probably pick one up. Thanks!

Reply to
Ryan Adams