Tailpipe routing for 1989 pickup

Hi there,

Second topic of the day - I went to install my superspring tonight and the tailpipe (on the left side of the truck) exits between the frame and the leaf spring - is this correct and does someone know of a link where I can find a correct picture of a tailpipe exit from a Toyota pickup (in the case that the garage fabricated something they shouldn't have?

Thanks

-a

Reply to
Adrien.Beaudin

Does this help?

I don't know if it helps but I thought it worth a shot. I would take a picture of my 1988 truck but my wife has the camera on a trip for the next week or so...

mothy

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
mothy

Well, I don't know if an '84 is like an '89 or not, but this is how the stock exhaust exits on mine. The tailpipe does indeed exit between the frame and the spring. In fact, it is just in front of the rear shackle. Above the shackle, mounted on the frame, there is a hanger with one of those neoprene shock absorbing hangers. It is so close to the shackle that the shackle would have to crush to damage the exhaust pipe. I know this feature has probably saved my exhaust pipe from being pulled off a couple of times.

Reply to
Brad Taylor