Toytoa Truck 85 Blower fan

Just replaced my resistor on my blower. I was losing speeds before the thing conked out. Now I need to know how do I know if the fan is broken or if the switch or relay is at fault? When I use the switch there is an electrical click. Does this indicate that power is going through, but the fan is shot? Thanks.

Reply to
Jackhammer John

pull the wiring harness plug to the fan blower, hook up to a voltmeter, should read 0 volts. flick the switch, if you get 12V the switch is good, if not, I'd guess the switch is bad.

Reply to
Tacoma Dude

Was it some of the speed selections not working, or was the fan runing too slow? If it was some of the switch positions, then the switch may be acting like it's 20 years old.

If it is running slow, or it takes an extra kick to get it spinning, yank the fan out and see if the bearings are dry or if there is something (leaves or pine needles, usually) interfering with it.

Reply to
1ton Brown