tundra winey noise

My Tundra is a 2003 and it has a winey noise when going slow and as the auto trans goes through the gears.

Reply to
Tdubya

in article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Tdubya at snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net wrote on 3/8/06 5:26 AM:

Whining is usually a bearing. I'd be hoping it's the (driveline) carrier bearing if I were you.

-jeff

Reply to
Jeff Olsen

it's just lst for a second or two and that's it, the next stop sign and I take off and the same thing.

Reply to
Tdubya

I'm pretty sure it's the transmission because it doesn't do it while the vehicle is parked and running, reving etc. I called for an appointment today, still have 6 months on 36 month waranty

Reply to
Tdubya

Have you tried driving it without the wife in the car? works for me every time :) J/K

Reply to
notmyrealname

The transmission warranty, and the rest of the drivetrain, is 5 years or 60,000 miles.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Shelton