1971 westy roof attatchment????

I just bought my bus( from the orginal family)and the camper top was not attatched does some one have photos?also what about changeing the points to electronic?

Reply to
timconrad

Normal points only need checking occasionally - are you going to sacrifice the reliability of a mechanical system for the complecity and failure-rate of dodgy electronics? KISS !

Reply to
Dave Hall

I,d agree. Might be different if you have a fast revving engine because generally dwell angle extension is built into the electronics. For a stock VW engine though points are perfectly adequate and almost totally reliable. I,ve gone through stages of putting CDI,s in, electronics to help the points. Have now gone back to standard after all that for reliablility. John

Reply to
John

if you really want to keep it simple, the pertronix points replacement module is the absolute best thing you can do.... i've been left on the roadside with points failures as well as condensor failures...exactly ZERO problems with pertronix....ten years or so now...maybe a tad longer....

Reply to
Joey Tribiani