2000 VW Passat MAF problem

I have a 2000 20V 4 cylinder Passat (ATW engine). I have had problems from 50K to the current 80K miles. Most problems are the ABS Module, O2 sensors, and the MAF. The most recent diagnosis from the dealership is a bad MAF sensor. They want $500 to replace but I have found them online MUCH cheaper. My question is, where is the MAF? I've looked around and can't seem to find it. Is it hidden under something? I've seen posts that say replacing it is a 15min job.

Reply to
10ecvols

I think you want rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled for this question. The Passat is a watercooled Volkswagen.

Reply to
Paul Broadway

What Paul said.

Until you get a difinitive answer from them, maybe this will get you closer: Not sure on a Passat but MAF sensors are usually hooked up behind the air filters so check your air intake plumbing. On some cars you have to remove the air filter box to get to it.

Reply to
Remco

Thanks, new to this group. You are correct that I should be in the water cooled board. Thanks again.

Reply to
10ecvols