67 VW Bus Project $$$$$

Finally starting to see a little progress in the body work.

Every time I want to just give up, the body guy does a little work and makes me smile. Maybe that's because I start sounding insane. I started mentioning going to Maaco for an estimate and he showed up today and did the rear of the bus.

Diane

Reply to
::: Diane aka JeWitchT :::

The rear bumper is a VERY touchy story .. BELIEVE ME, I never would have allowed them to do that to my bumper. My recently acquired one is the one on the front of the bus. (which I am painting pick and purple if it doesn't rain today.) My 71 bus had those same tailpipes and I liked them. Not realizing that on the 67 they wouldn't work because of the engine compartment door etc .. I said I wanted the same ... I came to look at the bus after they put the bumper on and almost had a heart attack .. I need to find some rubber grommets > to put around the holes, because if you look closely at the way the holes are cut in there, you would SWEAR that Stevie Wonder cut them after a two week drunken binge ... Need I say more about the bumper ???

I am keeping a whole bunch of stuff bottled up inside me ... I hope I don't EXPLODE before they rebuild the engine to replace the CRACKED ENGINE CASE !!!

Diane

Reply to
::: Diane aka JeWitchT :::