'71 Bus ball joint boots

['71 Bus ball joint boots] v A couple of years ago, I noted that all my ball joint boots are cracked and/or split on a bus that I have parked for a while. What are my options? v I *guess* they include: v #1. finding a source for just the boots. #2. replacing all ball joints [As much as I'd like to, I probably can't do that myself in near future] #3. buying 4 new ball joints and moving their boots to the old ball joints while still in place. v What do you suggest? I can't judge the feasibility of #3 from the pictures in catalogs and/or from looking at the installed parts..

---end---

Reply to
Grape Daddy

Grape Daddy

I have the same problem and these were new OEM ball joints:-(

If the joints are still good (probably are), swap out the boots. You may be able to find replacement boots (haven't looked):

Then you have to get the ball joint studs out of the spindles; that's a formidable task on a Bus. You'll want to own this tool:
Option #4 is to pump grease into the joints every week or so.....

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim
had the boots]

---end---