71 ghia front bumper/bumperette support tubes-correct shape? nobody knows?

posted this sometime back, got no replies. would some kind soul please tell me what the CORRECT shape is supposed to be for the bottom parts of the 'bumperette support tubes' pictured here, in this drawing:

or, take the plunge: view all the pix @ my 71 ghia front bumper brackets website, because the 'badly bent' parts ought'a be plainly visible, and the friggin' photos are FUN! problem is, though, I got no CLUE what they're _supposed_ to be shaped like "when they're NOT bent"

- so, can you 'straighten me out' on that? ;-)

(top of bumper brackets site) oh well, thanks...

ps-due to lack of replies earlier, correct shape "theories" and "best guesstimates" are welcome at this time...prizes will be given...

Reply to
bill yohler