74 Super - gas odors

I am slowly fixing up a 74 Super Beetle, and I am trying to determine where a gas odor is coming from. I can smell a slight odor in the garage, but the odor is really strong after the car warms up. When stopping at stop lights, the odor is rather noticeable. Would anyone have any ideas?

Is it a filter or do I need to change the fuel lines?

Thanks,

- Mike

Reply to
Nellis
David Gravereaux

I am in the process of doing the same thing and had some line that actually looked very clean and almost line new, but it disintegrated when it was jiggled around.

Mine might have been original and several RAMVA members suggested replacing all the lines with the braided german type line.

I am not taking any risk and will replace it all.

Reply to
Remco

Thanks for the suggestions. I will start the process of replacing the lines.

Reply to
Nellis