99 passat oxygen sensor

Does any one know how to check the output from an oxygen sensor?

Before heading for the dealer, I wanted to check if either sensor was

bad. A replacement sensor is about $125.00 each, internet price. Too

pricey to just replace doing the trial and error method. Its a 99 Passat

20 valve turbo 4 cyl. The check engine light code came up "manufacture

air fuel metering control" It has been running fine till 2 days ago.

It stalled braking for a stop light twice. Any help would be

appreciated.

Thanks, Jerry

Reply to
Jerry

Wrong newsgroup. You're on the aircooled group. Try watercooled.

Reply to
Dan Smith

...............OR throw away the passat, get a bug and then install an O2 sensor in it like I've done to my '77 bug.

:-)

Reply to
Tim Rogers