EGR light on....how does it go off???

On 75 Standard Bug the EGR light came on telling me to take it in for service. It comes on every 15,000 miles according to the book. How do I re-set it? Thanks for any help, I need it!!! Bruce R. Menomonee Falls, WI

Reply to
VW66HOF78

There is a "black box" (really!) inserted in the speedo cable, behind the dash. You will find an obscure little RESET button on the box.

The box is an engineering marvel; inside are several sets of worm reduction gears which translate 15,000 miles of cable rotation into a contact closure!

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

Thanks again Jim for your help!!! Bruce R.

Reply to
VW66HOF78