Alternative wheels

Hi. I posted this in one of the uk groups but got no response, so I'm trying here.

I have a buggy (under repair at the moment) with chunky wheels and tyres and ball joint beetle suspension. But it makes me nervous not carrying a spare. I do have a spare, but it's too big to carry (unless I strap it on the roof or something).

However, it occurred to me that maybe I could carry a 'space saver' - much as I hate them, they have to be better than carrying a burst wheel and tyre to the nearest tyre repair place.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had any knowlege of a wheel from another car that would fit - I have heard that early Skodas have the same 4-stud 130mm pcd. I was thinking of a 13" or 14" - if they would clear the brake calipers. Does anyone know of a small wheel that would fit? If I'm going to phone around breakers' yards I really need to know a make and model.

Cheers, David

Reply to
dvd8n

Run chevy adaptors (or carry one with you) & you'll have several space-saver wheels to choose from. ~ Paul aka "Tha Driver"

ThaDriver

I'll do that if I can't find something that will bolt right up.

Reply to
dvd8n

I suggested that 'cause I can't think of any other car (other than the 914 Porsche) that has the same pattern. ~ Paul aka "Tha Driver"

ThaDriver