Am I forgetting something?

Hi everyone,

Just a quick question for my fellow veedubbers. I recently replaced the starter motor in my 1974 Super Beetle. I had a few problems with the electrics but I think I got it figured out. The problem now is that the start motor turns but the engine doesn't even sound like it's turning. I think I probably installed it wrong somehow. If anyone has some ideas on what I did, could you let me know? Thanks.

-John

Reply to
halcyonic88

It sounds like the teeth on the starter aren't engaging on the flywheel teeth.

Any more info !!

Was it a new starter or just another starter ? Does it fit snug to the bell housing (no gaps anywhere) ? Did it not work since you installed it or did it stop working ? Is your battery fully charged ?

Rich

Reply to
Tricky

Did you replace the bronze bushing?