autostick

does anyone know what part I would need to convert a 4speed manual to autostick?

Reply to
rtchad

Part....singular??

Lots and lots of parts.

Tranny (good one) Drive plate Pedal cluster Shift rod AND shift lever Control solenoid Special oil pump Special vacuum tank and fluid tank

3 Quarts of old-fashioned luck

For starters, buy the Bentley Official Manual for a good look.

If you gotta have autostick, I think I'd buy a whole car with it.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

Are you sure you don't mean that the other way around? Why in God's name would you WANT to change a 4 speed to an auto?! That being said, it is markedly simpler to make the change FROM auto TO 4 speed. But suit yourself...

~Anthony

Reply to
Anthony

..............There are some people who simply don't like manual transmissions for reasons that are their own business. Others have some type of disability that makes it difficult or even impossible to work a clutch pedal. My wife had surgery on her left ankle several years ago and is now barely capable of pushing a pedal with that foot. If someone WANTS to avoid using a std. tranny, I feel that it's none of our business as to why. I did once drive a friend's auto-stick more than 20 years ago and after I got used to it, it was kind of nice. I do agree though that it would far more practical to buy an auto-stick bug than to go through the ordeal of making one from a std. tranny bug.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

That's what I had done...changed the auto to a four speed. Though the auto stick was a funky thing and people didn't believe that you had an auto transmission with a shifter and I had to show them. Still, I like the control a manual transmission gives better and it isn't rocket science to learn how to drive a stick.

Mike C. :)

Reply to
Mike C.

4 quarts of luck, don't wanna run out... and the clutch servo too....

------------------- Chris Perdue "I'm ever so thankful for the Internet; it has allowed me to keep a finger in the pie and to make some small contribution to those younger who will carry the air-cooled legend forward" Jim Mais Feb. 2004

Reply to
Chris Perdue

LOL I stand corrected... Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 02:02:44 -0500, "rtchad" scribbled this interesting note:

Tell you what. Drive yourself (and a trailer) on down to Dallas, Texas and I'll sell you one...or three complete autosticks. That way you would make sure you have all the parts you will need, and lots of spare parts as well!:~)

John Willis