me and my Purple Baja

Looks like I wont be finishing my engine transplant this month after all. I crashed my motorcycle this morning on the way to work and broke my left knee. Since I just had surgery a month ago, this really sucks. Hopefully I will finish it soon. Still have to pull the tank and clean it. Clean the fuel lines and replace the rubber ones. Throw away the old battery and its acid. Repair the HOLE in the floor under it. Then mount the new motor, bleed and adjust the brakes and put in a nice new Optima Gell Cell (on its side) and hook her all up. Some times life sucks a bit donchaknow.

At least I'll be able to keep up with RAMVA for awhile.....*8-}

-- the Grokdoc Tom Malmevik all that groks is god

67 Baja "marti"
Reply to
Thomas Malmevik

as a fellow rider i can only say that i am glad you are okay....now i realize that "okay" is, in this case, just relative to what could have happened....anyway, take care of that knee(i also sympathise on the knee as i have "bad" knees) and heal quickly...

------------------- Chris Perdue "I'm ever so thankful for the Internet; it has allowed me to keep a finger in the pie and to make some small contribution to those younger who will carry the air-cooled legend forward" Jim Mais Feb. 2004

Reply to
Chris Perdue

Dude, I'm disappointed. You broke your knee on the bike and now have time to make creative posts here and that's all you have for us? Tell us THE STORY. I'm not so good at this, but offer it as a beginning for you to get "inspiration from."

It was a fitful night, and one I'd like to forget soon. But one I felt was leading up to something. Something I'd forget for a long time, or at least up until now. Or maybe that was just that I

*begged* myself to forget for a long time. (the pain in my lower neck was not so bad) The body aches were severe and and it was as if a drug (the painkillers were but trivial) was leeching at my thoughts. Sweaty. Sweaty? My forehead hadn't been sweaty in years. Quick check of the wall thermometer revealed a pleasant 72 degrees inside. Still....those candles flickering. Quick thermostat reading on a thermometer showed a 108 fever for myself. Crap. I'm about to reach the ultimate realization in one way or another. Slowly burning the wax down with no fight to present to the 90 watt bulbs mocking them from the nearby lamp posts. I sneezed, and upon recoiling from the sneeze the important thought (important thought to me) snapped back into my mind. We will begin it with the surgery. Simple IVs followed by mild cutting. Cutting. Careful cutting. Only needed to move the flesh away from the public who would have to view on this exquisite carving at a later date. Amazing how scabs disappear. Realizing only now that the whole "temperature thing" on myself had reached a level over 105. Worry? Yes. But why? Maybe not worry that I won't hit on this before someone realizes. .......... I think this runs in the family. It's been a fun/interesting/confusing ride. I'm glad somme of y'all sat beside of me for parts of it. Boiling. Boiling.... Boiled. No more worries. *whispering wind sound that lasts FOREVER*
Reply to
Shaggie

..................Jim Beam has killed so many of your brain cells that you're now at about the same intellectual level as my schnauzer. At least he knows how to lick himself when he wants some self-gratification.

timmy

Reply to
Tim Rogers

I never mentioned my hobby as a practicing contortionist before? :-)

Reply to
Shaggie

I also send my "get well" to you Thomas. I ride too - is the bike hurt bad? ;^P Shaggie you have way too much time on your hands.... ~ Paul aka "Tha Driver"

ThaDriver

Nopers. Just the passing lamp/blinker combo came loose from the impact. As for me, I found out today that I have three fractures in the top of the tibia. Gonna be 10 weeks at least till they heal and then may need surgery on the ACL after that. Having MRI monday and MD appointment again Wed. Hurts like hell too.

-- the Grokdoc Tom Malmevik all that groks is god

67 Baja "marti"
Reply to
Thomas Malmevik

Nopers. Just the passing lamp/blinker combo came loose from the impact. As for me, I found out today that I have three fractures in the top of the tibia. Gonna be 10 weeks at least till they heal and then may need surgery on the ACL after that. Having MRI monday and MD appointment again Wed. Hurts like hell too.

********* Bummer. I know it's a PITA to not be able to do anything; I have back problems & it sometimes puts me down for a week or two. Not to mention the *actual* pain! Good luck with it & hang in there. ~ Paul aka "Tha Driver"
Reply to
ThaDriver