Best way to tow a Super Bettle?

I went to go get my 1971 Autostick and it's a supper bettle so my Bug tow will not work. Any ideas on the best way to tow it?

Which is worth more/more sought after Bugs or Super Beetles?

Thanks Steven

Reply to
Noice87

Most people go for the Standard Beetle. They like the "older" look and they like the older style suspension. (Which is more reliable, less shimmies). But the ride is better in the Super Beetle, and you have more trunk space, as well as better handling. (When everything is "right").

Which do you prefer? That's all that matters!

--Mike

Reply to
Mike Fritz

Don't forget that they do make Super towbars. It's a two piece thing, with a mounting bracket that goes on the front. I had a 73 Super, and loved it. Parts for a Fat Chic are readily available, but most of your aircooled fanactics consider them less attractive. If you want a good daily driver, then go with the super. If you want to hang with your local VW club, then you better go old school.

Chirp

Reply to
volkswatson

I never cared for the Supers much buth then again have never driven a regular one either just wridden in one.

I borrowed a friends generic tow bar he modified to pull MG's. One end when where the ball was on my bumber ( I had to remove the ball) with a nut and bolt to hold it in. And chains on the other end bolted to the bumber. I was nervous about towing it with at least one of the front wheeels locked up, one tire was low but I aired it up and a friend had bought the bumber braces before I bought the car. But it tow good except for a few lock ups/jerks of the VW when I stopped. But it made it to Pine Bluff to my VW mechanic. he is a inspiration. He is 84 years old and pushed as hard if not hard than I did/could to get the car in his shop. And by the time I got back from Waslmart to get a battery which they didn't have or know what they were talking about he had the front up and takin ghte tire off. He said all my frony brake componets were locked up and needed replacing.

Not sure if I will keep it or not or sell it whern I get it going.

Reply to
Noice87