Bumpers

I need to replace the bumpers on my 74 Beetle but I don't want the full bumpers, What are my options?

Reply to
Xrayjuan

Contact Joe cali,...............here's his picture of his bumper.....................you can go to his web page and look at sveral angles of the car

( picture list )

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®

I'm assuming your talking about the big US-spec "safety bumpers"?

You could always fit some European spec ones, they're like the thinner earlier post 68-style bumpers, but have the indicators in the edges. Actually, they're the same as new Mexican Beetles.

I think you will need new bumper irons to replace those strange impact ones.

-- Howard Rose '66 VW Beetle 1300 Deluxe '62 Austin Mini Deluxe '64 Austin Mini Super Deluxe

Howard Rose

Reply to
Shane

Xrayjuan Go to my site -

Thebumpers are the big ugly ones with the Shocks. I just removed 1" from themiddle and put it back together by overlapping them. I get compliments likecrazy at the shows. Great protection because they are strong as hell whenyou overlap, yet lets the body show. Some people thought they were stockbecause they fit the body lines perfectly. Regards, Joe

Reply to
Joe Cali - Next Generation-USA