Bosal or Dansk mufflers

Fellow air-cooled drivers,

Are Bosal mufflers of the same quality as Dansk mufflers? Also, are Dansk mufflers stamped with the country of origin or are they stamped Dansk anywhere on the muffler? I need to know so I don't get a Brazilian muffler.

I'm having a problem getting a Dansk muffler because I live in California and my '74 Super Beetle has the dual pre-heater pipes.

Thanks in advance

Reply to
azazel scratch

I was under the impression that the "Dansk" mufflers and other products were made in Denmark.. all of them. Made in Denmark = Danish = Dansk, it's how they say it down there.

I could be wrong, maybe someone took it as their brand name.

Maybe both are true.

Bosal is of inferior quality in comparison, but a "name" brand nonetheless.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Is this what you are looking for?

Ted

I think the point he is making is that Dansk is also a brand name meaning it could be made elsewhere. In other words, originally they probably did make them in Denmark, but are they still making them there? Does the muffler have "Made in Denmark" stamped on it anywhere.

--Dan E

Reply to
Braukuche