carb misting

I have dual weber 40IDFs that are misting fuel up thru the top of the carbs. It is coming out the jet or nozzle in the center of the throut and splashing up. I have my fuel pres reg set to 2lbs so I don't think pressure is a problem.

Reply to
914

Do you have vellocity stacks intalled?

Bill, '67 Bug.

Reply to
Bill Spiliotopoulos

When does this occur? It's normal at very high rpms.

Run a search on "fuel standoff" on the web.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Yes I have 2 inch stacks. I sarted noticing the problem trying to get the car to idle. I have a wet spot on my rain tray. with someone else trying to start the car I can see the fuel hitting the inside tube (the small center tube inside the venture)and splashing around, not being sucked right down.

Reply to
914