CONCEPT VW MICROBUS

Here's your chance to view and comment on the new concept VW microbus on my new group

chrisandbecky

FUGLY beyond belief. I'm all for hiring the handicapped, but it seems to me that stylists should at least be able to posses the ability to see.

They completely blew it. They should've built upon the retro theme they began with the new Beetle and made the bus in this vein.

ROUND headlights, "V" line on the nose, etc etc,

-ANT

Stop that. To reply change my ISP to @hotmail.com

Reply to
ANT

Reply to
Braukuche

Looking at it from the front, it resembles an elephant. The failed attempt at the V line looks like a fat elephant trunk, between the tiny beady eye headlights.

chrisandbecky

Bus is definately ugly and not a good retro vehicle. I agree that VW did do a reasonably good job on the New Beetle. Ford also did a good job on the Retro Thunderbird. Pontiac recently introduced the New GTO, but that one looks like a Sunfire, and they did not make any attempt at retro cues.

Bill Berckman Ramva 24 hour VW Chat New Years Eve.

VW/Porsche Family Reunion Show 2003 Pictures

Bill Berckman

Indeed, the V nose and the round headlights were missing, and they cannot have done that without noticing, maybe they wanted to make clear that this was the NEW microbus, therefore completely different, but if so why does the overall shape remind so much to the old one? besides, those square lights look way too agressive, not good, not good.

Ant

ANT wrote in this friggin' newsgroup:

Reply to
Ant

Reply to
Ilambert

For those that don't want to join the mailing list, but do want to see the photos:

David Gravereaux

Tired of looking at the concept bus ?? Added a photo of a 1962 bus to my group.. Nothing like the real thing,

chrisandbecky

David Gravereaux wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Look at this shot. Is that the shifter attached to the tumescence protruding from the lower dash? Bizarre.

Reply to
cloud8