Convertible help in New York?

I have a 79 SB Vert with a very noisy top. The top was redone before I bought the car and looks great - as does the rest of the car. The padding is in good shape (foam not horsehair) but it roars and whistles like hell. I can't figure it out and it's time for the pros. Does anyone know of a Convertible shop in NY - I'm in the Hudson valley- that could figure this out and fix it? Thanks, David

Reply to
D&LBusch

I didn't realize there were any aircooled vw's that survived in the Hudson Valley. I haven't lived there for twenty years and I'm still brushing off the salt. : o) You may have to scour the telephone book yellow pages to find something close by or hopefully someone on here will be able to make a more personal recommendation. Here are a couple of installers listed under Robbins Auto Top that might be close enough. You might also try the forums over at Hemmings Motor News.

EDCO Auto Upholstery

340 Old Niskayuna Rd. Latham, NY 12110 Tel: 518-785-8093

Just Rite Auto Trim

27 Heywood Avenue West Springfield, MA Tel: 866-719-9149 Email: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

Reply to
Mike64Bug

Reply to
D&LBusch

We have a 79 also. I don't know whether the top is noisy or not as we've only ever driven the car with it down!

Good luck- GaryT

Reply to
GaryT