Crank Pulley Question. Help Please!

Hi all! I was watching my '73 Beetle idle the other day. The crank pulley appeared to wobble a bit as if it were warped. Is this going to hurt anything? Thanks In Advance!

Reply to
Jim347a

Chances are that the sheet metal part of the pulley has been bent (by someone else). The worst is that the belt will wear poorly. Not an immediate need for repair but carry a spare belt.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

Which stock size crank pulley is the best and where can I get it?

Reply to
Jim347a

You can get either stock type or billet aluminum:

Speedy Jim