Curved Air Vent Rust Problem_Help Please!

Curved Air Vent Rust Problem_Help Please!
I got 3 small rust holes below the little curved air vent cover by the right rear window.
Any ideas on how to fix this? One of the holes is about 2 inches by 1 inch.
I do not have a plasma cutter or a welder.
I was going to grind away the weak part of the metal with a Dremmel tool,
Clean with wax and grease remover,
Stuff the holes with fiberglass cloth,
And fill the holes with fiberglass resin. Let dry, sand it, and spray on some primer.
I did not want to use Bondo, since I heard it acts like a sponge, retains water, and causes rust.
What do you estimate that a body repair shop would charge to do this?
Could I just paint it with POR 15 to slow down the rusting process?
Any help is appreciated.
On Nov 29, 1:52�pm, snipped-for-privacy@msn.com wrote:

Jim you might want to start by removing the foam thats there. if you get a 3' piece of 3/4" flat bar (Lowes) bend a hook at the end and dig the foam out. if you see the rust on the out side there is much more on the inside.
Then you might find a local body shop to weld in metal or junk it if its not done perfect.

You know all about junk, I'm sure.
http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2134202260101866121ljPyZp
this should give you an idea of what I was talking about.

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2134202260101866121ljPyZp

And I was talking about Joan's car that you absolutely butchered.
On Dec 1, 7:17�pm, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

So its more important to BS about me then to help someone looking for a VW related question?
If so then all VW questions should be marked OT. hey it seems to be my forum, so I get to make the rules.
BE WARNED. MARIO GAVAZZI, AKA "KAFERTOYS" OF "VINTAGE WERKS RESTORATION" IN BURLINGTON, NORTH CAROLINA IS A SCAM ARTIST, LIAR AND THIEF. PLEASE SEE THE FOLLOWING: http://www.mariogavazzivintagewerks.com / http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t 792
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeQ8UwWPP4Y

Nope, no BS. The fact is you stole nine thousand plus dollars from that woman. You are a despicable human being, or at least excuse for one.

I think I will cover the holes with a bumper sticker until I get back to it in warmer weather.
On Dec 5, 6:55 am, snipped-for-privacy@msn.com wrote:

I believe a bumper sticker would likely trap in more moisture. Not sure how well POR 15 works for external purposes (I've only heard of people using it for the interior floorpan sections).

A good portion of acid free Vazeline would be better than a sticker, wheelbearing grease can also be used. This is only a very temp fix though, will keep water out and prevent from rusting more. A better "quick" fix is Brunox, a rust converter, it actually works..
J.