Cutting out at Junctions

Been having problems with my '72 Beetle for months now. Started off cutting out once in the morning then no other problems all day. Now it cuts out every time I have to stop in traffic apart from the first couple of times when it is also fine. Once the engine has warmed up the engine gets really loud like the revvs are too high and acceleration is uneven whether hot or cold. Have done the normal checks (points etc), replaced the air filter, carb and exhaust but no change. A friend said they had a similar problem and it turned out to be the fuel pump. Any suggestions?

Reply to
woodcut33

I had a similar problem. It was low fuel pump pressure. Normal fuel pump pressure at idle is from 3.5 psi t 5.0 psi.

Reply to
Jim347a

....might try a Pertronix ignition.

Rob and Dave's