Cylinder gaskets: Missing, or Not Required -- You be the judge.

Then that's a "no"

:D

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Both, it just might run better than before :D

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

And I used to work in the bullsh... I mean marketing department :D

LOL

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

That's what you think. After the first time you will be amazed at how easy it really was. May be time consuming and dirty, the first time but it's really no big deal. But like I said, if you have a Good aircooled VW mechanic nearby, use him.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

LOL :D Here we go again, hehehehe

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Bill, reading the Kalevala already in finnish?

I should practise tying up a vasta again in the summer. That skill is disappearing and I haven't done one in couple of years. Something my=20 grandad tought me.

A proper vasta and original type savusauna in=20 Finnish summer night. Can't think of anything=20 more relaxing.

Reply to
Olli Lammi

Same here :) I'll teach you if you forgot. Absolutely NO artificial, store-bought materials. Must use only birch branches, also for tying.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

The difficult part for me has always been not the tying, but making the tie (vitsas). Somehow it is difficult to me to make it last without snapping.

Reply to
Olli Lammi

Use thin, young branches and twist them quite a bit as you are bending. Won't snap.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Jan Andersson wrote in news:c4n3pl$2fgmfd$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-72729.news.uni-berlin.de:

Vitsa sulle, juomat mulle!

:-)

Reply to
cloud8

LOL That's a good one, for the easter time especially ;)

Jan (at home having the first BBQ of the year with sister and her friend who I am reviving a baywindow engine for..)

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Hey hey Bill. Your not getting any beer until you haul your ass here. Then, beer is on me ;)

Reply to
Olli Lammi

What's on the grill?

(PS. Are you home wednesday evening next week? I might drop by to squeeze a thermo bracket cheap out of you.)

Reply to
Olli Lammi

...............WHEW!..........What's this?

..........A bunch of naked Finnish guys crammed together in a hot box singing love ballads?

LOL

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Ok ok, enough with the whining already Timmy, you can come too :)

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

...................I thought that you'd never ask!

.............Yipppeeeeee

Reply to
Tim Rogers
3 Stooges on AMC right now. You can tell Kidd :)
Reply to
cloud8

Tim, I gotta say that this is, somehow, my fault. Being a newcomer to RAMVA I naturally am unaware of the local culture. I swear I did not know that posts about gaskets can lead to worrisome Scandinavian male-on-male behavior.

Reply to
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliot

Probably did wonders for Jan and his hamsters too.

Randy

RSMEINER

More local culture, I reckon. Longtimer stuff. Is he gay?