damn allignment

Ok true...but how many people have a 12 ton hydraulic press kicking around? Or how many of those presses have been homemade, and don't work quite right? I'd rather pay the labor for getting them pressed in, than have a 12 ton press shatter in my face becuase I built it wrong.

~Anthony

Reply to
Anthony

Uh ... I do! Both the now hard to find (do it on the vehicle) Type 1 Ball Joint Removal & Installation tool from Matco and a 20 ton press. ;-) I used to do the control arm removal and take it over to the machine shop, and it wasn't bad. At least the arms were the same ones and not some arms that may be bent.

I wonder if any of the Harbor Freight Ball Joint presses will work on the Type

1s?

dave

On 24 Jul 2004 08:09:15 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Anthony) ran around screaming and yelling:

don't get me wrong Anthony i wasn't knocking you or anyone else....i was mainly poking fun at you about how 'hard" the job was...it

*coulda* been alot harder...heh....the last set of balljoints i had done by a friend at a machine shop...but i have done it myself and *without* a 12 ton press...in fact without a press at all.... JT
Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Oh I know! It could've been much harder, but it was still pretty nasty ..........you did your BJ's without a press? How the hell did you manage that? Why haven't they popped out yet?!

~Anthony

Reply to
Anthony

On 25 Jul 2004 19:08:29 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Anthony) ran around screaming and yelling:

i knew you would ask......probably 15 years ago i needed to do balljoints on a bug and i was a teenager working at a t-shirtshop...had exactly NO money...so i did what anyone would do..heh i burned the balljoints out with a torch and hammered them back in with a piece of pipe and a hammer...hehe....next set i did(meaning next POS i dragged out of someone's yard) i made some sleeves out of pipe and steel plate,then used a 20 ton bottle jack and a doorway of a basement(concrete opening)...was definitely not the safest way,but worked great... jt

Reply to
Joey Tribiani