Damn it !!!

Was out putting a new starter relay into my Ranger. Just about done and was just snugging up the 2 bolts that hold the battery in and batter out cables. Snugged it just a tad bit to much and broke the damned thing....... It started right up anyway but I will have to get to town and get another 1.

Randy

Reply to
rjmacres

Murphy..

's_law

J.

Reply to
P.J.Berg

don't ya just hate that... you think, just a tad more.... shit.... been there, done that....

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Got to looking at it and what a piece of crap. Made in China. The stud insert just went to the plastic with 0 support around it. No way it wouldn't crack open if more then finger tight. Will go to town tomorrow and pick up a better quality part. Will cost me more but it will at least last thru the installation.

Randy

Reply to
rjmacres

No offence to individual Chinese people but I wonder why China insists on turning out such rubbish. They would still be cheaper than most things the west makes even if they spent an extra 50% on quality improvement. Trouble is, in Australia almost every consumer product is Chinese. Now they are starting to export cars to Aust. Think I,ll pass on them.

Reply to
John

If people keep buying crap... people will produce and sell crap. Sad but true :(

Reply to
Howard Rose

I think that's 50/50. 50% is some imitation/copy crap. 50% is someone's crapy specification.

Reply to
Carlos (casep) Sepulveda

the Chinese will build/produce anything you want.... they are more than capable of producing quality parts/products, unfortunately since everyone wants cheap folks outsource to china because cheap is easy to get.....

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Either way you get 100% crap.

Randy

Reply to
rjmacres

Got to looking at it and what a piece of crap. Made in China. The stud insert just went to the plastic with 0 support around it. No way it wouldn't crack open if more then finger tight. Will go to town tomorrow and pick up a better quality part. Will cost me more but it will at least last thru the installation.

Randy

________

check carefully, sometimes you will pay more for a better "quality" (touted as such) part, and it may be just as big of a piece of shit as the cheap one...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Yep, I will be inspecting in before I pay for it. A 10 minute job sure turned into a pain in the butt.

Randy

Reply to
rjmacres