Deck Height

I wonder if you're thinking about 1500s, which certainly came in domed versions.

By '72 the only thing imported into the US was 1600, but smaller engines were still sold elsewhere in the world.

-

Jim Adney

Heh heh.... right... right..

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

No, I was referring to the 1300 dual ports which were supplied on European models between 1971 and 1975; These all came with dome pistons. However, there is a misconception that this was not the case.

Europe always had a selection of models to choose from (until 1978). 1200,

1300 (single port) and 1500 engine Bugs were offered up to the end of the 71 model year. At that point, the 1500 was dropped, in favour of the 1300 dual port and the 1600 dual port. Europe never had the 1600 single port in a Bug. The 1300 d/p was dropped at the end of 75 and the 1600 was dropped, on the Sedan, mid-way through the 78 year when supply was switch to come from Mexico. The 1200 was dropped in the 1986 model year when VW terminated the Export model from Mexico.
Reply to
Peter

Sorry, made a mistake: 1200, 1300 (single port) and 1500 engine Bugs were offered up to the end of the --70 model-- year.

Reply to
Peter