engine stand

Reply to
ilambert

I've seen those for sale over here. Jan suggests I don'd need one though. So I will try on the bench 1st and see how I get on.

Rich

Remco wrote:

Reply to
tricky

a shortblock? hell i carry a "turnkey" engine from my basement(up some steps) and out to my carport for installation...i have been known to leave the flywheel/clutch/pressureplate off, to save about 30 pounds....fully dressed the engine is probably only about 250-260 pounds...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Reply to
ilambert

Reply to
ilambert

younger, sure, fit? not as fit as i should be...."determined"? you bet...LOL

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

They're not really so heavy as they are cumbersome. The last time I pulled my engine I carried it from the front of my house around the side to the back garage where the other bug was and then took the new engine from it to the front of the house. Only one round trip isn't so bad.

Try carrying all the wood from some trees you've cut down across your property to the woodpile. That takes a lot more energy. VW could have designed in some nice handles and some rollers though...

Reply to
Michael Cecil

BTDT...and yes it is alot more work..

they did put handles on them....i grab it with the pulley to me and reach forward and grab the heat exchanger/jtubes...nice handles...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani