Can some parts from a 1900 WBX (waterboxer) can be used for built a 1900 aircooled engine?

Hej guys! I have a 1900 waterboxer lying around with a blown headgasket. Can i use some parts of the engine to build a 1900 aircooled for my 1303? The little optimist in me thinks: Use the whole block with crankshaft and pistons. And get som aircooled cylinders. Than use the 1303 cylinderheads ...resulting a 1900 ccm fast engine for my Beetle! For optimistic? :-) ...Michael (Denmark)

Reply to
BS

jimt

Go to Shop Talk Forum and look for Oxyboxer heading. There is an engine build up you can do, but there are many issues to be addressed. Colin

Reply to
Colin