Symbol on Dash Board ?? What is it ?

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could tell me what a symbol is on the dash, I have no handbook for my 406 GTX 110 Diesel Pug. It comes on after I have turned the engine on for about 3 seconds so have only had a brief look at the symbol. Its above the water temp dial and lights red looks like 3 wavy lines with a line over the top. Like I say it only comes on after the engine is turned on for about 3 seconds and then goes off. Dreading the answer to this but does anyone know what the symbol is, this car has had so much done to it and so many problems dreading the answer! Many thanks

Reply to
Fed Up Young Lady Driver

Hi, I don't have a 406 but it sounds to me like the coolant level light. It comes on when the coolant level is low, as yours goes off pretty much straight away,then it sounds to me that all is ok. It might need a tiny bit of a top up and then you may not see the light at all.

GGJ

Reply to
Gary G Jones

It does sound like the coolant level warning light. If it comes on and then goes off on starting it means that your coolant is at the marginal level where the start of circulation pushes it up a bit and turns off the warning. There will come a time when it doesn't go off :-(

So you have a leak. In ascending cost to fix this will be either a hose the radiator or the head gasket.

On a cold day it may be possible to see it steaming after a drive - these kind of slow leaks are the sort that only leak when the system is hot and pressurised.

Reply to
Phil Cook

Coolant level light. Happened to me. I topped up but then realised my radiator was corroded. I had to change the radiator. But yours might just need a top up.

Regards

"Fed Up Young Lady Driver" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@q2g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
gino