Floor Pan Replacement, Part 3

Okay, The frame is under the chassis and the pans are in place. Do I drill holes and spot weld the pans to the tunnel or just weld at the edge of the pans? Does it matter? And do I paint the joint before or after I put body/seam sealer on the joint? Thanks, you guys have been a ton of help! Charles

Reply to
Ervin Charles

You'll probably get a better weld if you punch holes instead of trying to weld the edges. And yes, I said punch holes, Harbor Freight sales a sheet metal hole puncher and it works great and will make holes faster and cleaner than a drill.

Reply to
GaryH

I use a manuaöl punch like that. The "head" can be twisted around and then it makes "lips" on the endge of sheetmetal, maybe half an inch wide. Makes for a smooth mating surface for overlapping joints, and stiffens up the area too.

Like this:

Jan

GaryH wrote:

Reply to