Flywheel nut - which size

Hello NG Which size is the flywheelnut on a 1974 1303 1300ccm engine ? ...greetings...PP

Reply to
PP

36mm It is torqued to 35 MKg (250 Ft-Lb), so you need a strong socket and a lever arm roughly 1.5 meters long. And a corresponding method to hold the flywheel steady. I use a long, flat steel bar which is bolted to the flywheel in 2 places to hold it still.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

I use a flywheel lock job and a long 1/2" torque wrench to install. I use the flywheel lock and a long long cheater bar to remove.

But becarefull with cheater bars. I use a long 1/2" breaker bar and then slide a long heavy pipe over that for the cheater. It can really ruin your day if that socket or breaker bar breaks at the wrong time.

Randy

RSMEINER

Just as bad if you break the gland nut.

Mario

Reply to
Kafertoys

...I use my torquemeister and a 3/8 inch breaker bar...I got tired of playing around with trying and keep things stable while torquing it down by myself...hell now its NO problem at all..

...Gareth

Reply to
Gary Tateosian

To easy, makes more sense and I'm a cheap bastard.

Randy

RSMEINER

Thanks for alle your answers.... PP

Reply to