Found a Puma audience

Today I took my Puma for a run to the hospital PT where my wife was getting a neck treatment. I was in the parking lot showing the car for almost an hour to the staff from different departments as the word spread. Two doctors are sports car people and they went nuts. The one races his Shelby and could not get enough of my car. My ego is pumped more than all the shows I've been to. Medical people have great taste.

href="

">Den's1977 Puma

Reply to
Dennis Wik

Way to go, Den. And best to your wife.

John

Reply to
jjs

Ah, forgot to mention.

There is a KELMARK in my future. :)

Reply to
jjs

John, tell me more about the Kelmark. I understand that they all had a metal-flake finish and the first ones had side scoops. Dennis

href="

">Den's1977 Puma

Reply to
Dennis Wik

href="

">Den's> 1977 Puma

Reply to
Ben Boyle

Yes, it is a great feeling. I think it is when someone sees what you see in your ride without prompting that blew me away. The rest was pure gravy. Dennis

href="

">Den's1977 Puma

Reply to
Dennis Wik

Ya know, it actually embarasses me to return to my GTII-e with a crowd around it. Me, the olde pharte getting into it kinda ruins the whole scene. And now it looks like I might get a Dino. Decisions, decisions.

Reply to
jjs

John, do it for yourself, not for the reflections in the eyeballs of others. I get a thrill just driving my old stuff and so should you. If you don't have it, you can't drive it. If ya ain't goin' ta do it just because you think it don't look right for an old pharte to be doin' it, you ain't lookin' at it right John. You should quit doin' it (whatever it is) when you can't do it anymore or can't remember how to do it anymore. Now go and sin more without guilt.

href="

">Den's1977 Puma

Reply to
Dennis Wik

On Tue, 9 Nov 2004 15:52:31 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Dennis Wik) scribbled this interesting note:

Dennis, you're beginning to irritate me with this one.

Let explain why.

In my Dad's driveway there sit cars that could be daily drivers with very littler effort. The most common among them is a 1967 Beetle Convertible. There is also a 1966 Galaxy 500 Convertible as well as a

1934 DeSoto Four-Door Airflow.

The DeSoto is by far the most fun. Took it out for a drive one day and people were almost having accidents just looking at it! Oh, and that car is right hand drive. It runs and drives like a dream.

Now you make me want to go dig out some of his cars and drive them around for a while!

John Willis

Glad to do it....I would love the airflow also. Dennis

href="

">Den's1977 Puma

Reply to
Dennis Wik

On Sun, 5 Dec 2004 21:28:30 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Dennis Wik) scribbled this interesting note:

And it also makes me want to take his 8N Ford Tractor out as well! (Been working on that one too. It needs a kit for the power lift as it no longer works quite right!:~)

John Willis

Cool, you won't loose on that ether if the maintenance is kept up. By the way, didn't the airflow have the first electric/mechanical transmission shifting selinoids?

href="

">Den's1977 Puma

Reply to
Dennis Wik

On Mon, 6 Dec 2004 08:05:46 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Dennis Wik) scribbled this interesting note:

Yes, it did. It is an interesting setup.

John Willis

If you get some of those neat toys, post the pics

href="

">Den's1977 Puma

Reply to
Dennis Wik