Fuel Pump Pushrod Question

I will appreciate any advice! I have a 1600 dual port motor with a Brosol fuel pump that has failed. The replacement is a Bocar and requires a 99.5mm pushrod. My existing rod is 108mm. Should I shorten this rod to 99.5mm or get a new rod or is the Bocar the wrong fuel pump? Thanks for all responses! Gary

Reply to
Rte66Drmr

thicker or more gaskets to raise it up by 8.5mm?

Reply to
David Gravereaux

On 01 Feb 2004 21:43:29 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Rte66Drmr) ran around screaming and yelling:

it is the later style pump for use with alternators...the generator models use a longer rod....cut, grind, or order a new one...up to you... JT

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

thanks so much JT, thats just what I'll do, grind her down

Reply to
Rte66Drmr

You got a pump made for later beetles with alternators. This one will work just fine, but you'll need the right pushrod to go with it. I think the ends of these are hardened so shortening it will leave you with a soft end which will not last.

I'd go back and get the right pump.

-

Jim Adney