Gas mileage on an 1835??

anyone know what it would generally be? Thanks

Reply to
Nxqzablesk8er

I have a replica MGTD with an 1835 and I get about 20mpg. Not very aerodynamic and has dual carbs. I also use 91 octane to prevent pinging. Larry Hill

Reply to
Larry Hill

really? Whats in your 1835. Cuse im only getting around 20-21 with my 1776...

Reply to
Justin D

I have no idea what is in the engine. It idles about 700 rpm...So no wild cam.Not sure what the compression is but is very susceptible to pinging.It runs strong and will easily do 75 on the freeway. I think mainly it is the combination of displacement,dual carbs and aerodynamics. IMHO Larry Hilll

Reply to
Larry Hill

I bet ther aerodynamics play a huge part... so hopefully it won't drop too much below 20mpg...thanks

Reply to
Nxqzablesk8er