Gas Tank Hose --- Swapping out to Billet Tank

Howdy.

I'm getting ready to swap out a tank on one of our bugs to a fancy billet setup.

Does anyone know if I have to vent the tank in anyway... or do you throw some kind of filter and relief the tank?

Timmy

Reply to
MN AirHead

Yes, you have to vent the tank always. If you don't, a vacuum will build up and in the worst case the tank will suck a nice dent:-( If your billet style tank as connections for vent pipes: congratulations, just connect some pipes and lead them to the outside (under the car). Otherwise just get a vented filler cap and Bob's your uncle.

Claus

MN AirHead wrote:

Reply to
Beetlenut

< walks away chatting and laughing with self>

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Reply to
MUADIB®