generator question

Exactly. This thread is NOT off-topic. There is a certain someone involved in it and their name rhymes with um... well, I think y'all can figure it out... who is on his way down faster than he knows. To partially quote a favorite movie of mine, "...he had it comin' to him." He needs to be lookin' over his shoulder. That much is for sure.

Reply to
Shaggie

...................Whether he's right or wrong, lets not forget that Erik has been a well respected member of this group for more than seven years......maybe a lot more. Google doesn't go back far enough to archive his first contributions here. I don't think that he meant to be discourteous but might have come across that way to you because his native tongue is German. Just my opinion.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

...just what part of a dishonest individual rippiung off air cooled VW owners do you consider off topic???

...Gareth

Reply to
Gary Tateosian

No doubt! This looks pretty on topic to me, and even if it's not according to your standards, people do OT posts here all the time and they aren't asked to be stopped until they get way out of hand and last forever or unless I'm involved. :) If it gets on your nerves it's *REALLY* easy to just not read the thread anymore. Ta-Da! Problem solved.

K.

"A hundred days to make me older since the last time that I saw your pretty face. A thousand lies to make me colder and I don't think I could look at this the same, but all the miles that seperate disappear now when I remember your face."

Reply to
Kidd Andersson

The warning, okay, that might be on topic. Everyone once telling the audience about their problems with that poster in real life, in a "make of it what you will fashion". Okay.

The resulting pissing contest however definitely isn't. You know how it's going to end, we've all seen threads like this before: they'll soon be lost in endless accusations and counter-accusations, namecalling, anecdotal "proof" that proves nothing to anyone who wasn't there, more namecalling, threats of legal and/or violent action that nobody knows whether it's about the original problem or about the namecalling, etc etc until hell freezes over, oh and did I mention namecalling?

And about the response about filtering, well, such animosities tend to spread to other threads as well.

I don't know who's right and who's wrong here. And that's precisely the point: from your postings alone, I won't be able to tell, ever. Those postings will result in absolutely *no* change whatsoever out there in real life. The fact that most readers, including me, could hardly care less about that because they live elsewhere only adds to the problem. Remember that this is a newsgroup about Volkswagens, distributed world-wide, archived forever in countless places, and read by people all over the world.

Would you engage in such a dirt flinging contest in the letters column of Time Magazine? (Of course they wouldn't print it. You're really rather close to my point there. ;-)

Airhowlingly yours, Erik.

Reply to
Erik Meltzer

All this love, I'm gonna cry :)

Jan

Reply to
Jan

:D

Silence!

The All-mighty King of Ramva will now speak.

Cut it out will ya? :D I think all has been said that was worth saying.

/silence!

Jan

Reply to
Jan

...Damn Kraut ;)

Jan

Reply to
Jan

it is also a "Public" newsgroup...meaning no moderators and the "freedom" for anyone to post about anything...it is usenet for crying out loud....there are always going to be OT posts and with them comes the whining about them...I'm not sure which is worse...the OT or the OT bitching *about* the OT threads...

------------------- Chris Perdue

"Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug!"

Remove "PANTS" to e-mail

Reply to
Chris Perdue

Tim with all due respect to you and Erik, i don't care if someone has been here seven years or seven minutes, it doesn't give them the "right" to speak for everyone("it gets on everyone's nerves")..that was my only point...we *all* know that usenet is a wonderful thing, but not free....there are many spam posts, OT posts, and flame wars all over usenet....it is a byproduct of people from all walks of life "gathering" in one place....it won't stop, and whining or playing referee usually only draws the "peacemaker" into the battle, instead of it dying out as that person wanted...

------------------- Chris Perdue

"Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug!"

Remove "PANTS" to e-mail

Reply to
Chris Perdue

Reply to
ilambert

as did YOU...shall i quote it again mr. hypocrite? might as well

:>why does everyone moan and groan about OT

many suggestions have been made, and obviously you just like to complain or you would NOT keep reading the thread....you seem like a smart fellow, if you dont' want to read, you don't have to....simple and easy...

------------------- Chris Perdue

"Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug!"

Remove "PANTS" to e-mail

Reply to
Chris Perdue

OK, how's this? Mario is a great guy who has no legal judgements against him, is completely honest with his customers, and does great and timely work on VWs! Drop your car off with him and let him work on it. Let us know how it works out. I *triple dog dare* you. No, really. I do. :-D

Reply to
Shaggie

He does? I missed that part. heh heh

, if you dont'

Reply to
Shaggie

You're probably just misreading your voltmeter. With the generator and voltage regulator working properly, that terminal oscillates between zero and 14V. What you're really seeing is probably just 5.5V.

-

Jim Adney

No Jim I was reading 55 volts at the D+ (not DF+ type O) the problem was the DF+ and ground wires were switched.

This vert hat an engine fire so the wiring had to be redone. I tried being lazy and not spend enough time on something I should have traced out. problem fixed and hopefully if the car isn't keyed like another done project the and will be gone by monday.

Reply to
Kafertoys

Would like like a list of people that have saggie and been more than happy with my work.

and I understand that you didn't have a VW the offer on the baja kit was a start for you to get back to a life style I have dedicated a large part of my life to. I could find you a beetle body also but that would take us full circle, the problem started when I had a problem with you cutting up a real nice 63 (my opinion) to build your baja.

and you should have told me me there was problems with the work I did on your baja , I would have been happy to make it right , but you have to remember I was working out of someone elses shop on very limited time, I remember the the baja bumpers were hard to fit and gary and I hat to fight with them.

Mario

Reply to
Kafertoys

Reply to
ilambert

i always do....

------------------- Chris Perdue

"Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug!"

Remove "PANTS" to e-mail

Reply to
Chris Perdue

YeeOouch! I never stopped to wonder what would happen if you swapped those 2 wires. Did the 55V damage anything else?

-

Jim Adney