Glad to be back

I used to post here on a fairly regular basis back in 2001, but haven't been here hardly at all in the past few years, mainly because school and work got in the way of my project. After contracting out the rewiring and engine work, I'm finally getting my '77 T1 ready to go, and have caught the aircooled fever again. My todo list is over a page long, but I'm getting close to being able to drive it. This has to be my daily driver starting in September.

It's great to see that, unlike many usenet groups, RAMVA is still going strong - and it looks, according to Google, like it's celebrating its

10th birthday this month!

Also, if anyone has the inclination to look through the archives to see some of their old posts, be forewarned:

How about some "saw blade" style chrome rims as seen in the JC Whitney > catalog? I'm not going for a stock look.

- Me, April 1, 2001 (and I wasn't fooling!)

At least I was 17 (barely) at the time, so I have an excuse. Since I'm

21 now, I guess I still will have an excuse in 4 years.

Chris Snyder Calvin College student Proud owner of '77 std. T1

Reply to
Chris Snyder

WHOA!!

Thanks for the heads up on that

Jan

Reply to
Jan

All time top posters

10568 snipped-for-privacy@rocketmail.com
Reply to
jkentta

you forgot my other email addresses that I have been using over the years.

snipped-for-privacy@sonera.com snipped-for-privacy@tele.fi snipped-for-privacy@tele.telebox.fi

and I think one or two others. Check those out too :)

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

And 9058 posts for a high in Feb of 2002.

Lets see what the hot topics were......

The FEDEX Fiasco (Shag) Just so you know......Introduction Choosing a color for my Square Back VWOA/Continental Super bowl supplies VWOA RAMVA King One Pic at a Time RAMVA Member Photos

It is funny to look back on some of this. Was it really back in 2002? LOL Time flies!!

Reply to
TerryB

Yea.. some good old times there :)

My how the post count has twindled this year!

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

I have to say imho the signal to noise ratio was better in the 90's.

-J

Reply to
Jouko P. Kentt

That's just how things age on usenet. Overall, ramva appears to have done decently. Many other groups that are out there either burned out, or faded away.

Reply to
Seth Graham

Hey! I made one of this month's top posters! COOL! Somebody fight with me so I can beat Jan. :D

K.

Reply to
Kidd Andersson

Speaking of post counts, Have noticed that Speedy Jim has notched up 560 odd since June on

Madness...

James

Reply to
Juper Wort